Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Father's day

so it was brought to my attention that I haven't blogged in some time. So I thought I would share about our father's day. Considering how much fun it was. On Saturday Mike, I and Tyler along with our bestest friends went to six flag's marine world. We had so much fun riding rides feeling like we were teenagers again. Tyler was a lot of fun. He went on almost every ride he could. He loved the new Tony Hawk ride. It was pretty good....

Well then Sunday we decided to do a pot luck BBQ, We had my in laws, my parents, my sister and bother in law and their children, my best friend her husband and kids and her in laws. A house full of people and good food. My sister and I made these "Sunday funday" shirts as kinda of an inside Joke. Let me just start from the beginning.......

A long long time ago. My family and the Smith family were very close. We shared a grandma which to this day I love her and she is very dear to my heart and wish she was still alive to see us now. She wasn't really my "real" grandma but she always treated us like we were. At some point in our lives we lost touch with the Smith family especially Zack and Adam. Well about 2yrs ago I started to look for Adam and I My spaced his high school and messaging random people asking if anyone knew where I could find him. I only heard back from one person and she wasn't sure. I prayed about it asking my grandma to help me. I knew she was always looking over all of us and that someday we would be reunited. Long story short, about 3 weeks later my parents got a call from Adam and Zack'ss dad, Rich!!!! Yep and they have been in our lives ever since.

OK now the whole shirt thing. Well I was suppose to go up to see the Smith family a few weeks ago with my mom and dad, but Mike finally had a day off work and I felt bad leaving him all alone. He's not to often he's off. So my parents went with out me. Well Adam and my parents took and picture and sent it to my phone of the 3 of them together rubbing it in my face I was missing out. Adam had on this shirt

OK well Jealous me like his shirt and sees that even his little brother Zack has one. I was told that I have to show up to an event to get one. So me and Corrie decided we would make our own. We did and we wore them on fathers day. We took a picture with my parents and sent it to them
and this was the response we got from them:




It was pretty fun. I love this family and they are very dear to me for so many reason's. Mostly having them back in our family just make my grandma being gone a little easier these days. I miss her so much and I'm so glad that she took me and my family in as her own. She was such and amazing women and someone that I wanted to mold my self after. She was the "glue" that made us one whole family at times!!!!!! She would have really enjoyed all the silliness of these shirt.

1 comment:

D and C said...

That is FUNNY! lol!! I love the shirts, they turned out awesome. So glad you had a good day and SO glad you found Mike. HE sounds awesome.
LOVE YOU!