Sunday, February 28, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Jake


Our beautiful happy amazing baby boy has officially turned 1. How can that be? I swear I was just complaining about being pregnant and over due. Mike and I can not express enough what a true blessing Jake has been to our little family. Although we would LOVE to have more children we are stopping here. I can never express why Jake is so special to us. We had tried for a very long time to have another baby and it just never could happen. We started trying right before Tyler turned 2. I thought that having our children closer together would be great. They could play together and become great friends. Well like everything god always has another plan for us. After 3yrs of trying I finally got a hug surprise. When I told Mike he didn't believe me, we had been trying for so long I think we both were convinced Tyler was going to be our only child. I didn't want Tyler to be an only child so having Jake was a blessing. Jake has shown me how patient I can be, he's very busy and is very hard headed (maybe like his mommy) when he wants something he wants it. He is how ever a great baby, he's very happy and Tyler is everything to him. He love his big brother and Tyler just love him.

So on top of Jake 1st birthday we also managed to move 2 weeks earlier, But Mike and I did it. We moved and had our house unpacked and beautiful for the birthday event. It was nice to be able to show our family our new home and what a great neighborhood we now live in. It's not to far from our old house. The kids enjoyed playing out front and riding bikes and scooters and skate boards. It was a lot of fun. I think even Jake enjoyed his birthday. By the time people where starting to go home, poor Jake could hardly keep his eyes opened. Aunt Corrie went and put him to sleep.

No comments: