Saturday, January 16, 2010

Welcome 2010







Wow hard to believe but we are already half way through the first month of the new year. We have had so many exciting things happen. Christmas was so wonderful this year. It was great to see both our children up and ready for what Santa had brought them ( although I know Jake doesn't understand, he was still very excited to get a new toy) Tyler had a very difficult time coming up with and idea of what he really wanted for Christmas. Mike and I had decided that he was getting a DS, but then a few weeks before Christmas he told us he wanted an Army tank that you could spy on people with. If you ask me it was a piece of garbage toy he didn't need or did I think he would play with it for more then 5mins and be done with it. I had such a hard time with this. You want your kids to have the very best christmas and for them to be able to get what they want, but I just didnt like this idea. I finally told Tyler that I think they dont make that toy anymore because its not really a good toy it breaks easily and its not as cool as the commercial says it is. He only wanted that nothing else, but with enough persistence he decided that he really wanted a DS, not a DSi or a DS lite, oh no you have to be kidding me. Then I had to explain that they dont make a DS anymore its a DSi or a DS lite. Drama and tears but then again with enough persistence he came to he's seances and was ok with getting a DSi. I'm really happy that Santa had brought him a DSi, it was a great present and he didn't really ask about this Army tank that he wanted. He's been very responsible taking good care of it and keeping it out of reach of Jake.



Jake turned 10mons on Dec 27th, and the weekend before Christmas he took his first steps. Its been amazing to watch him take off with it. He has become a really great walker. I'm just in aw of him. He is such a blessing to me. He's a pretty happy baby.



We spent New Years with our great friends the Blanton's. They are living in Rocklin, its so beautiful there. They showed us around town and Anna and I got to do a little bit of shopping with our kids. It was nice to get away for a few days and just relax. Anna and Erik made us feel so welcomed in their home and made us feel right a home. I'm looking forward to going up there again sometime in the summer. Tyler and Erik Jr get a long so well they did all kinds of boy things and Jake and Ava are going to be great friends seeing that they are so close in age.



I was off of work for about 2 weeks and it was so nice to be home with the boys during that time. It was kinda of bitter sweet when we had to get back to real life. Tyler had to go back to school and I was sort of ready to go back to work. Working 3 days is perfect right now. I'm really glad it works for us. I love being able to be home with my babies, but Im also glad for the little break I get. Its just enough time to be away from them to miss them and then be back at home. Its also so nice to be home and able to get done things around the house with my time off. I hope everyone has a great 2010, I know I'm looking forward to it. Mike and I will be celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary and then we have Jake's first birthday to look forward to in a couple of weeks. Its a great way to start off the new year. Here's a few pictures from Christmas.

No comments: